Thursday 5 April 2012

System Update - 5th April 2012

Found 3 dead tilapias this afternoon. Very few tilapias showing signs of flashing today. Guppies seem fine, no sick ones. Pleco explores the tank at night as usual.

Tilapia left: 98 or less if I missed any deaths

Here's the result of today's water quality check:

From left to right: Ammonia, Nitrite, pH

Ammonia : 0.5 mg/l
Nitrite : between 0.5 - 1.0 mg/l   (I downloaded the color chart from Sera's website)
pH : around 7.0

I fed the guppies with 1/3 of their usual food, fed tilapias with 1/2 teaspoon of crushed pellets and 4 kangkong leaves, but won't be feeding the pleco as it looked like he sucked on one dead guppy last night. Since I had salted the system to 3ppt, they should be fine with that much nitrite.

In the previous update, I mentioned that I will be adding 3 pails of water in to the system today. But I changed my mind today since the rest of the tilapias looked fine and doing that will only stress the fish more.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment