Friday 20 April 2012

More Fish Dying...

Hadn't fed the fish for the past 2 days yet ammonia and nitrite stayed at 1.0mg/l... So I decided to check the bottom of the fish tank and what I found was shocking - 5 dead tilapias! I'm not sure what caused their death... Their mouths are open... Sunken belly... Could it be a bacteria infection spread from the guppies? I'm not sure what to do now... I'm expecting more deaths coming... >_<

Gruesome...
To reduce ammonia further, I scooped out as much rotting plant matter and poop at the bottom of both fish tanks. I found that lots of tilapia poop remained stuck in the guppy tank due to the outlet being a standing pipe which only sucks water from the surface.

I also removed all the pegaga plants as they aren't doing well probably due to iron deficiency. I'm afraid that their rotting leaves will only contribute to more ammonia.
Hmmm... Their roots have grown much... Just their leaves wilting...
Looks cleaner now...
Edit: One more dead tilapia found along with several other broken pieces of fish spine... Aahh... I've lost count of the number of deaths... >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment