Thursday 19 April 2012

First Pest!!!

Oh...oh... Look what I found this morning...

One of my tilapia feed bags got ripped open! It's even the unopened larger sized pellet bag which I won't be using until the tilapias had grown bigger!
And the culprit...? a SQUIRREL! /(>_< \) =3

He's hiding behind the fish tank!
Enlarge the picture...
Got trolled by a squirrel...!
So I thought, should I catch him and feed him to the tilapias like how most aquaponics pests end up? That might introduce unwanted diseases into my system though. For the time being, I'll need to find a large container to store those bags safely.

I'll have to deal with that squirrel someday. It's only a matter of time before he starts munching on my crops. I won't resort to killing him as he may have a family...

No comments:

Post a Comment