Thursday 12 April 2012

New Herbs For My Garden...

It's 1:26 am now...
Went to a nursery yesterday and bought some herbs. I have always wanted to have a herb garden at the back of my house where I can just pluck some leaves and eat them right away. I bought thyme, stevia, oregano, lavender, and bird's eye chili. They are organically grown and can be safely consumed...

From left to right: Lavender, Oregano, Stevia, Thyme... They came in nice plastic protectors...
Bird's eye chili
Clockwise from top left: Stevia, Lavender, Oregano, Thyme
I will be leaving them in their soil filled pots for the time being. I'll only plant them into the growbed once I had done the planned water change mentioned in my earlier post. I don't want plastic chemicals in my herbs but I couldn't do that water change until the system is cycled...

I later did a water quality test.
Ammonia : < 0.5 mg/l
Nitrite : 0.5 mg/l
Ammonia & Nitrite test
4 tilapia died since my last update. I'm not sure what was the cause of their death. Some were injured by other tilapias while others just died without any physical clue telling the cause. I noticed that some of them have brownish gills and they sometimes appear to gasp at the surface... A lack of oxygen or nitrite poisoning? I'll have to increase aeration... I also noticed that the tilapias kept pooping even though I had stop feeding them for two days straight. They are probably eating the floating algae since their poop is dark green in color... After that test, I fed them with 2 1/2 teaspoons of pellet feed...

Tilapias left: 92

Time to sleep.........

No comments:

Post a Comment