Friday 18 May 2012

Heavy Rain & Strong Wind...

Two days ago, after 4 days without rain, an abnormally windy storm hit my area 4 am in the morning. I couldn't do anything to protect my plants since my soul had been completely sucked by Diablo III that day...

In the morning, I saw this:

Looks like the screen protector was pushed down by the heavy rain...
No casualties it seems... The screen wasn't damaged...
As for the plants:

Most plants were bent over by the rain and strong winds...
Okra with a 90 degrees bent... The flower buds were undamaged
Kangkong and mint were flatten down by the rain... They were standing straight before...
Whole growbed shot...
The okra flower buds take so long to bloom. I'm wondering if this is normal...
The older leaves of the mint plant are dying. It looks like the large okra leaves are blocking out most of the sunlight thus slowing the mint's growth rate.
I really need to build a greenhouse to cover my entire system soon. The surface of my growbed is covered with tiny fruits from the tree above... and now the tropical storm...

No comments:

Post a Comment